Now that we are in Autumn, getting your home ready for the winter is paramount. We see all too often customers that could have prevented major water, fire, and other damages with simple repairs and prepping in the fall.
- Winterize your sprinkler system: making sure that you have your sprinkler system shut off and bled would ensure you not having water damage from a frozen broken pipe.
- Clean and repair gutters: ice damming happens when clogged gutters back up under roofing shingles causing water damage when the ice melts.
- Clean out dryer vents and ductwork: we cannot express the importance of this. So many house fires are caused by dryer lint in vents. Please have this done asap.
- Service your HVAC: make sure that your HVAC system is cleaned and services to ensure that fires do not happen.
- Replace old water heaters: If your water heater is dated, then now is the time to replace it. As cold weather comes, your water heater will begin to be used more aggressively. A broken water heater causes gallons of damage to homes.
- Clean out exterior drains: drains in stairwells are known for becoming clogged. When heavy snow melts in them, the water backs up and pushes into homes. Make sure they are cleared out to avoid this potential hazard.
While these are not services that we can help with, we are here if you are experiencing water, fire, or mold damage as a result of issues that arise from damage that has happened by not making the above mentioned repairs and adjustments. Contact us today for fast help!