Thanks to the recent 2-3 days of heavy rain, we saw many homeowners that had water damage occur as a result of water seeping in through porous concrete and other sources. It made us think for a second and realize that we can put out some quick tips and tricks to prevent your home from being damaged by water damage.
- Get downspout extenders to draw water further away from your home.
- Make sure that your gutters are clear before it rains.
- Test your sump pump and make sure that you have a sump and sewer rider on your insurance policy.
- If you have stairwell below ground level, purchase a pool pump to keep on hand in case it pools up.
- If your roofs age is past due, consider having a new roof installed to protect your home.
These are just a few items, but they are simple ways to protect your home. If you do have water that damages your home, contact us immediately. 856-751-1577. If you wait, you could have mold growth and other contamination factors.