Lets face it, doing things at your house instead of hiring someone to do it saves money, is done on your schedule, and gives you a sense of accomplishment. I understand, I bought a house a few years ago that was 60 years original and had to gut most of the rooms to remodel them because there was not a right angle to be found.
However, even with that said, there are some things that I would not bother even trying to do. Carpet installation, electric, and anything involving the health of my family. Carpet cleaning does involve the health of your family. Properly cleaning carpet in your house can reduce allergens, germs, and bacteria left behind from our shoes, pets and children. Here are some facts:
- The virus that causes the stomach virus can live on your carpets for up to 1 month.
- Microbiologists say point out that the air blown from a running vacuum cleaner is one of the highest places of household germs.
- According to Jack Brown in his book entitled Don’t touch that doorknob! Each year several pounds of soil can build up in and on your carpets.
- Due to Microbial Adhesion many germs automatically will adhere to food when dropped. NO 5 SECOND RULE!
- Bed Bugs live in carpet fibers and can crawl 100 feet to get a blood meal from you while you are sleeping.
- A person sheds 1.5 million skin flakes and hour.
- America is the only country in the world that pushes wall to wall carpeting. Other countries do not like it because of the germs accumulated.
- Most carpet manufacturers recommend a yearly hot water steam and extract cleaning as a contingent in your carpets warranty.
So do you see why it is important to make sure carpets are cleaned properly? We use a truck mount hot water steam and extract cleaning system which gives the highest level of extraction possible. Give us a call for a free estimate!