More than damaging your business, sewage backups and flooding can be a health hazard. Sewage and floods can contain bacteria, viruses and other germs that can cause disease and illness. While sewer back-ups are most commonly found in private service lines, they can also be the result of problems in the main sewer line in the street. At ServiceMaster Restore, we have the process, the training and the experience to not only clean up, but to help eliminate bacteria and germs.
What causes sewer backups?
- Soil settlement
- Misaligned joints
- Root infiltration
- Pipe collapses
- Grease buildup
- Items flushed down a drain
Flooding results when the volume of water runoff from a storm is greater than a drainage system’s capacity.
When this occurs, two types of problems can result:
- The overland flow of storm water enters a property through an opening such as a door, window or cracks in the building’s foundation.
- Heavy rains increase the water elevation in the sewer system and cause backflow through the sewer pipeline and into a business.
OUR EXPERT SEWAGE CLEANUP SERVICES FOLLOW THESE PROVEN STEPS
Water & sewage extraction
- Removal of contaminated furnishings, carpet & flooring, & when necessary, remove & dispose of other items that have been exposed to potential contamination
- Use of professional-grade air movers to ventilate & dry the area
- Clean & sanitize the area to prevent the spread of microbes that may cause disease or sickness, & when necessary, treatment of the area to help prevent future mold & mildew growth
You can count on the specialists at ServiceMaster Restore to provide you with the best solution to keep interruptions to a minimum, so your employees can continue to work, and you can continue to provide for your family.
If you need sewage backup cleaning at your place of business, please contact us immediately. We have the experience to deal with this sensitive and specialized cleanup job, backed by industry-leading know-how. Take the smart step, and call ServiceMaster Restore today.